Thursday, July 15, 2010

The hostel

So I'm still at Asylum Hostel in Cairns, I have distributed about 40 CV's around town in the last few days, been back to the places I like to check again if they have availabilities yet, and I plan to go back tomorrow again to those places to check AGAIN! I'm giving them 1 week to reply, maybe a week and a half. If I havn't got anything by then, I plan to travel south a bit, towards the colder weather where there're fewer people to compete with.

There are a bunch of people here who haven't heard back from employers for a month and a half and are still waiting, drinking box wine and bumming around every night. I do not, under any circumstances, plan to become such a person.

I'm still living on my pasta/noodle/toast diet and I think I'll last quite a while before I have to go shopping again. 40 dollars for 2 weeks of food seems like a pretty good way to save my cash from now on. of course, I don't know if other places along the coast have the same cheap stuff as here, or if the hostels will be as nice and cheap as here. its 18 bucks a night here with breakfast included, a pool which I dont use, clean and spacious toilets and showers, a comfy bed in a 3 person room, good atmosphere, great weather, books on the bookshelf, free internet and free bbq on thursdays.

I'm writing a book about zombies in Dubai and I think it's going to be a hit when I decide to finish it and publish it... I probably won't...

but I have been doing designs and counted today and I have a total of 35, which means that I have more than one for every day I have been away, at this rate, I'll have around 200 by the time I return! Plus the ones that I have at home in my other design book! So I think I'll do alright.

See y'all later xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment