Saturday, July 31, 2010

ON THE ISLAND!

Got to Hamilton island yesterday morning and am staying here, just hanging out, until I start working on monday!
The island is awesome so far, I'm really lookign forward to starting work most of all though, I don't plan on going out drinking very much, but would like to do my rescue diving PADI course during these upcoming months. That will look very good on a uni application, I'm sure... as will a few months of working at a luxury resort island I guess...

Speaking of applications, mom and dad, can you figure out application deadlines for ASU and some other ones on the list I gave you? I like putting dates and schedules on my iPod so I can organize myself. It's been working really well so far and I havn't even been taking my concerta yet. I will when I start work though, I dont want to drift.

ANYWAY, on the island, we have parrots, cockatiels, mssive black birds, gulls and most commonly seen are the butterflies, you can look up from the pools and just see tons of butterflies around, its cool. There are also Opossums or Possums or whatever the real name is, iguanas and spiders. big spiders. spiders so big they should have small gnomes riding them around.

Met a couple of people last night who were very cool to hang out with but I have been told that there are a bunch of people being introduced to the island like me on monday when the jobs start.

I have been told that there is a lot of money to be made in the next month because there is a race week starting and with the race comes a lot of customers. Hopefully I will be doing a lot of overtime work to keep myself occupied and making mucho mucho monies. And after the first month, I can start doing something called multi-employed or something where I can do another part time job in my free time if I want, to develop peripheral skills as well as make some extra money.

They have wakeboarding and other watersports on the island but it is expensive so I dont know if I'll be doing it very often if at all. Maybe I can do my multi-employed work at the watersports hut doing teaching or driving the boat. OH YEAH! I plan to do my boat and jetski licence here too. So Dad, you can expect me to be able to drive Sugar around by the time I make my return, if you havnt sold it off and bought yourself a pickup escalade.

I also just set up a bank account, dont worry Mom, I read through all of the text that there was to read on the pamphlet before signing, it's a simple transaction debit card which I will be getting my salary put onto. I'll be getting my online banking stuff sorted as well so you can transfer the money I have left onto that one and the HSBC card can just be my backup card like it was supposed to be.

I will be working for 17.60 Aus Dollars per hour, with a minimum of about 36 hours a week, minus 90 dollars a week for accomodation which includes, toilets, fridge, kitchen, water, heating and AirConditioning. And a roof. I did the math and although I didn't do super well in my math exams, I am pretty sure that I can leave the island in 4 months having made around 9500 Australian Dollars, taking into account the cost of food and accomodation but excluding the cost of dive courses and extra activities like golf on the GOLF ISLAND!!! thats right homies, theres an 18 hole golf course which covers a whole island with mountains and stuff... well good... And there's a shooting range and a gokart track, fishing, minigolf and other stuff.

Anyway, I'm sorry I havnt been putting up pictures but I will think about adding some more sometime soon if I can.

Peace out, A-Bomb.

No comments:

Post a Comment